The Snelson DataBase & Armory includes references from sources at St Catherine’s House in London during 1969-1971 and during my activity here in Sydney at The Society of Australian Genealogists where I served on the Council for many years – and was the a founder (along with Max Carrick and Phil Young) of the Sydney Dead Persons Society.
Much knowledge was gleaned from parish registers of births, deaths, marriages, christenings and burials. I also spent some time with the IGI fiche (remember them).
Another fruitful source was found in chartularies, tithe maps, land records, wills and other records.
I have wasted more time than I care to remember with the dead than with the living, poring over census records, scrutinising transportation and shipping lists, groveling around churchyards trying to decypher monument inscriptions, looking at land records and corresponding with the guild and the College of Heralds … when Bill Gates and Steve Jobs were still in short pants.
- [S771] College of Arms, Visitation of Gloucestershire 1623
- [S783] Anthony Goodman, The Wars of the Roses, Source Element: Routledge Kegan
Source Element: R3-7173
- [S784] Date estimated on 25 year generations.
- [S806] Letter from Tony Fox dated 10 December 1992, Source Element: R3-7227
- [S831] Death Notice - The Times 10 December 1992
- [S832] Letter from Jane Shepherd dated 12 January 1993, Source Element: R3-7368
- [S833] Letter from Tony Fox dated 13th January 1993, Source Element: R3-7373
- [S840] Visitation of Cheshire - 1613 (R3, 7411)
- [S865] Victorian Society of Genealogists
- [S894] British & Irish Biographies 1840-1940
- [S896] A. J. BOSTOCK, The Chivalry of Cheshire, Source Element: E.J. Morten, Didsbury, 1980
Source Element: R3-8178
- [S897] John P. Earwaker, History of Sandbach, Holmes Chapel and Goostrey, Source Element: E.J. Morten, Didsbury, 1972
Source Element: Published 1890
Source Element: R3-8180
- [S898] Alfred Neobard PALMER, The Town of Holt & The Parish of Isycoed, Source Element: Bridge Books
Source Element: R3-8195
- [S917] A. J. BOSTOCK, History of the Bostock Family, Source Element: R3-8275
- [S934] Burke's Landed Gentry, Source Element: R3-8339
- [S935] Burke's 1939 Directory, Source Element: R3-8380
- [S945] Bob Fraser & TT Match, Source Element: R3-8463
- [S975] U.K. Marriage Witness Index, Source Element: R3-8588
- [S995] Letter from the Royal Artillery Historical Trust 26 Oct 1993
- [S997] Kelly's Cheshire Directory 1938